Thursday, July 9, 2009

Watching Television

Last Sunday I wasn't feeling so well. Perhaps I was all "Revolutionary Spirited-Out," a mild case of food poisoning or battling off a little flu; who knows. I read for a while but was feeling nauseous, so the words were sort of swimming on the page. So, obviously, I spent the day watching the entire first season of The L Word.

It isn't deep, but, good lord, is it entertaining. You can just consume it like popcorn. It is full of beautiful people with very dramatic love lives, which is the perfect recipe for dishy, soapy goodness. Jenny and Shane are totally the best characters.

I woke up feeling a million times better. I swear television marathons are better than chicken soup at getting you back on your feet. Perhaps the miraculous recovery is just the bed rest, or perhaps it is the body's reaction to its own sloth. Whatever it is, I highly recommend gluttonous consumption of television for quick healing of what ails ya.

No comments: