Sunday, March 15, 2009

Economy Update

First off, I have no news on how the general economy is doing, but I do have news about how the economic climate impacts me personally. Monday, the staff at my company was asked to shift to 3/5 pay and hours. That's right, way more free time and way less pay.

Awesome.

The staff avoided layoffs (for now), which had me super giddy in the immediate aftermath. But then I started realizing what a cut that size actually means.

I've been oscillating between feeling incredibly bummed out by this and energized by all the next steps that flow logically for this change. But one step in front of the other.

On a lighter note, I freaking love that on 3-9-09 The New Late Night with Jimmy Fallon spent like a full 10 minute segment geeking out over the new (yet to be released) Palm Pre phone.

I think Fallon would be smart to play up the tech geek angle. It suits him and will endear him in the hearts of geek peeps of America. Loyal folks.

No comments: